5 miles, 52:19, 10:28 pace, 146 average heart rate.
15 miles this week, 46 miles total.
End of the third week, well, not including tomorrow's cross training. This is the first time the long run was shorter than the week before. The program I'm following by Hal Higdon has these stepback long runs every third week. Next Saturday is 9 miles. I'm going to be in Chicago with friends for a Twins-Cubs game, so I need to decide if I'm going to run that morning or postpone it a week. The training program is 18 weeks, and I started it 20 weeks before the marathon, but I'll also be skipping a weekend run when I'm in Indianapolis for DCI finals in August. I'd like to keep the flexibility in case there happens to be a bad rain storm some weekend.
Anyway, today's run was nice and easy. 61 F and comfortable. It's rained pretty much every day this past week. I was up at 7:00 and out the door at 8:00, which is ridiculous for a day that I don't work, but that's how it has to be. There were quite a few people out and about. Feeling pretty good about things so far.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

HEy, I did a 6 mile run in Chicago when I was training, and it was beautiful -- all along the lakeshore. If you go to www.mapmyrun.com there are lots of prerouted / calculated runs that you can follow. I highly recommend it -- when I trained, I was travelling a lot for work and one thing that helped keep things interesting was doing long runs in different cities (LA, SFO, NYC, Chicago). Hope you enjoy CHicago -- we were actually going to go to that TWins / cubbies game but decided to stay home as we'll be in Chicago the following weekend for a wedding!
ReplyDeleteOH, and PS -- the gradually decreasing heart rate is a sign that you're getting in better shape. YOu are raising your anaerobic threshold. You definitely want to be in a comfortable range (1402/150s) during your long runs... same on race day... it means you're concerving some energy for the big hills and times when you want to go faster...
ReplyDeleteGood tip, Jess. Running along Lake Michigan would be nice. Guess I'll have to take it easy on Friday night. But no limits on Saturday. :)
ReplyDelete