Thursday, June 18, 2009

Run #19

3 miles, 30:53, 10:18 pace, 148 average heart rate.

11 miles this week, 76 miles total.

Rainy and humid today, but at least it wasn't raining when I wanted to run. My company sponsored a bowling tournament this afternoon, so I did have a couple beers before the run, but no adverse effects.

On all these previous runs I had been mainly watching my pace on the GPS watch, and checking heart rate from time to time, but mid-run today I decided to mostly leave the display on heart rate and try to target that number. As a plus, I've noticed that the watch calculates a higher number of calories burned when the average heart rate on a run is lower. I don't know how accurate that is in an absolute sense, though a few calculations I've checked online gave similar results of about 150-155 calories per mile, assuming a 9-10 minute pace.

Off to Minneapolis tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment