3 miles, 28:21, 9:26 pace, 145 average heart rate.
12 miles this week, 140 miles total.
The first attempt at bumping up my pace went well, though it's not a great example since it was a short run and only had a couple small-ish hills. Still, I was surprised at how quickly I got it done considering my heart rate was barely higher than on previous runs. I'll definitely be going back to a slower pace for the 13 mile run this Saturday. I felt a little burn in the shins for about a minute at the beginning. I haven't felt any of that pain walking around during the rest of my day, which is supposed to be a sign of a worsening injury, so I'm not too worried about it at this point.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No music or anything? You must have some really great views! Good luck on your long run tomorrow...I hope for good weather which for me is overcast and not too humid. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteNo music or views - just listening to birds, cars and my footsteps. Sometimes I'm thinking about stuff, but mostly I'm just zoned out and concentrating on pace and heart rate. Have a good one!
ReplyDelete