6 miles, 1:01:25, 10:14 pace, 156 average heart rate.
9 miles this week, 113 miles total.
The initial plan was to go to Baltimore for baseball game this afternoon, so I got up at 5:00 freaking AM so I could leave here at 9:00, but I saw that there was a decent chance for rain, so I went back to bed. Didn't end up running until 11:00, which meant kinda hot and humid.
In addition to a slight burn in my left shin for the first mile, I felt a twinge in the muscle in the back of that leg, too, between the calf and achilles. That showed up during one of the runs last week, too. Other than that, I'm not feeling nearly as stiff when I wake in the mornings compared to a couple weeks ago.
I ran a bit faster today per Higdon's training guide, though with the two planned walking breaks my overall pace wasn't that much faster. Thus, the higher heart rate. Just seemed like I was working a bit harder today, too. Might have been because of the humidity.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment