Saturday, May 30, 2009

Run #8

7 miles, 1:14:07, 10:36 pace, 144 average heart rate.

16 miles this week, 31 miles total.

Today was the first long run after a 12-hour night shift, and it went really well. I got up around 1:00 PM yesterday afternoon intending to sleep later so I would be more awake this morning. That didn't happen, but it turned out not to matter. Of course, now I'm wide awake, so who knows when I'll get to sleep this morning. This is messed up.

Anyway, I started out slower and did the run 1 mile, walk 1 minute routine again, and for the first time I was able to keep my heart rate down where it should be. The path I ran today was kinda hilly between miles 2-4, but mostly flat after that, and I only felt that I was really working a couple times during the beginning. Pretty easy after that. Next week's long run is only 5 miles, but then 8 miles the following week, so I may try running 1.5 miles between walk breaks.

Time to stretch, shower, and try to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment