Thursday, May 28, 2009

Run #7

3 miles, 28:24, 9:28 pace, 158 average heart rate.

9 miles this week, 24 miles total.

I got more sleep last night, and today's run felt better. So, there ya go. It was 71 F and a little humid again. Didn't really have any shin soreness this time. I did the run 1 mile, walk 1 minute thing again. Given that, I probably ran a bit faster than I should have because my heart rate got into the 160's, so I'll slow down next time.

I had been working out with a personal trainer twice a week before starting this training program, but now I've cut back to once per week. We usually meet on Monday, which is an off-day from running. This guy isn't kicking my ass quite like Rich at Lifetime in Minneapolis, but I figure that's okay since Monday is technically supposed to be a rest day and building up muscle isn't really a goal with a marathon ahead of me.

2 comments:

  1. Did the wine help you sleep? Maybe it was the exhaustion after the hurricane....either way, keep up the excellent work. Look forward to hearing all about your success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if the wine made a difference. I just slept in longer, which of course went against my goal of getting up earlier, but at least the run felt better.

    Thanks for coming all the way up to the big city of Princeton for dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete